Midwest HVAC News
Gustave A. Larson Company, leading wholesale distributor of
Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVACR)
equipment, parts, and supplies, is seeking a Sales Consultant to
Heating, Cooling & Refrigeration customers.
Job Title: Sales Consultant
Reports to: Field Sales Manager
Location: Green Bay, WI
Gustave A. Larson Company is the Midwest, Plains, and Mountain
States leading wholesale distributor of Heating, Ventilation, Air
Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVACR) equipment, parts, and
supplies. Our business philosophy is to focus on serving the needs
of our customers, with a value-added, professional and enthusiastic
attitude. Under the direction of the Refrigeration Fields Sales
Manager, the Sales Consultant will assist assigned refrigeration
customers in profitable growth opportunities through introductions
of the Larson Company’s complete line of products and services. This
is technical sales position with direct responsibility for new
business development and customer sales growth. Further, the
successful individual will be held accountable for management of
existing business, acquisition of new business, and the development
of targeted profitable growth for the Gustave A. Larson Company.
1. Increase unitary market share through aggressive development of
new business relationships within territory.
2. Assist in annual strategic market planning and sales forecasting
process for designated sales territory.”
continues below ↓
3. Execute the sales
cycle: new business contact, presentation, quoting, order
processing, customer relationship growth, communication and
management, documentation and reporting.
4. Cultivate new business relationships with the sales team by
connecting appropriate team member(s) with key personnel. Call
on design build, replacement, plan and spec contractors.
Capitalize on resources available through the Larson Company and
suppliers to maximize potential of prospective customers.
5. Assist and develop new business profitable growth through
introduction and education of the Company’s full line of
products, promotions, and services.
6. Elevate the Company’s differentiated position in the market
through provision of value-added products and services in order
to enhance new business development.
7. Regularly acquire professional growth and educational
opportunities to enhance knowledge of products and services
provided by the Larson Company to serve as a competitive
advantage for prospective customers.
8. Maintain accurate documentation and communication mediums to
address the status of customers and new business opportunities
with team members.
9. Document and submit travel expenses, planning, and calls in a
timely manner. Travel is required.
10. Promote ancillary products associated with refrigeration and
controls to enhance Company sales.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Commitment to excellent service. Ability to manage multiple
priorities, goal-oriented and results driven. Ability to develop
and implement territory sales plans, and work with minimal
• Successful track record of successfully creating new business
partnerships and opportunities.
• Aggressive, above-average sales aptitude. Enjoy fast-paced
environment, ability to grow a territory and acquiring new
• Coachable, effective Team Player, self-motivated,
enthusiastic, above-average sales aptitude and quick learner.
• Strong verbal, written, and intrapersonal skills. Desire for
personal growth, leadership and professional skills.
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred, 3 to 5 years or more
experience in the
• Completion of an approved secondary HVACR vocational
curriculum (or equivalent) and 2 years of industry experience
preferred, but not required.
• Microsoft Office skills required. Knowledge of inter-related
databases a plus.
The job description is representative of the knowledge, skills
and/or abilities required to successfully perform the essential
functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
To apply please visit
the careers page at